OK, so you’ve decided to attend a wedding fair, here’s our top ten tips for making it work for you
3. Your main focus towards clients for the day is to get details. Ideally you want names, email address, phone number, wedding date and venue. I tend to offer a discount on the day and approach people by saying ‘I’m happy to offer you a 10% discount off your entire wedding party hair and make-up if you provide me with your details today’ I have never had anyone not wanting this discount and have always collected lots of information on the day. If you discuss any specific details like who wants what done, if someone has a theme, if they are looking for something specific, make a note on your list so you remember them and can refer to this when you do make contact.
4. Be a “giver”. Some suppliers offer a competition, others a discount, maybe even a service that you offer. People like something free and are more likely to give you something in return.
6. Make your material clear, precise and memorable.
8. Demonstrate your work -This can be done in a few ways; You could take along a friend who can help you out on your stand and who’s hair and make-up you have done already so you can show people you meet what your work is like.
9. Do you want to sell? Whether make up, hair accessories or mini makeovers. If it is important for you to make your money back on the day, consider what you could be selling on the day.