Introduction to Life-casting & Producing a Prosthetic
This prosthetic course will introduce you to techniques such as live-casting, producing, applying and painting prosthetics. Prosthetic make-up is the process of sculpting, molding and casting techniques to create advanced cosmetic effects. Creating a believable special effects make-up is a key element in your career if you want to work in TV, films, or just in Halloween and Make-up transformation. Open to beginners as well as existing Make-up artists wanting to add to their skill set.
- Anatomy & Physiology Theory
- Colour Theory
- Health & Safety
- Safe Removal
- Half a head using Alginate and Plaster and producing a positive
- On to the positive to create a small prosthetic piece
- Creating a 2 part mould in plaster
- Producing a small silicone prosthetic to apply
- Application, Paint and Removal
All brushes and make-up will be provided.
*Please note all our SFX Courses require a minimum uptake of two people enrolled to enable them to run. In the care case that we do not get enough people registered, your course will be offered to you on a separate date. Maximum student intake is four people.
- 3 Day Intensive
08/04/2019 - 10/04/2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm